Friday, June 19, 2015

KangerTech KBOX

This is a review of my KangerTech KBOX that I have owned for about 2 months.  You can purchase it at various vendors but I found it at vaporbeast.com for 19.99 USD and with the code YEAHBABY you can get it for 17.99 USD.

This device's power range if 8 watts to 40 watts on a single 18650 battery.  That is a lot of power for such a cheap price.  It uses a standard 510 floating connection.  It has no display screen but uses LED lights to let you know battery life and what power setting you set.  Coming from mechanical devices, this is a great transition.  No screens and menu's to scroll through.  Just set the power level and vape.  I won't go into the details of what the little bells and whistle (or lack of) this device has because I'm sure you read them or watched them on Youtube already.

I'll talk about my impressions of this device.  Like I said, I was 100% mechanical user and this being my first and only regulated device, I have to say I love it.  Lots of power, easy setup and user changeable batteries.  The buttons are placed well and the LED lights can be seen easily even in the sunlight although, I don't really change settings once it's set, I just watch the battery level.

While we are talking about the battery level, let me tell you about the battery life.  As far as batteries go, the life of the battery is good.  The bad part is the cutoff voltage is set to 3.5VDC which in my opinion is a little too high.  I wish it would go down to at least 3.2VDC so that vaping time is longer between battery changes.  With that said, make sure you bring spare batteries with you if you are going out with it.

The device itself is light, feels nice in your hand.  Feels like it is very durable which I only had one drop and I only broke the glass tank that was on it, but the KBOX it's self survived the fall.

The only thing I can say is that the some of the coating/ paint isn't great.  Maybe I should have bought a silver one.  You can see in the pictures that the worst of it is the battery cover which almost the first day I had it started to wear down.  The screws have also worn off and left them silver.  There is some wear on the atomizer platform and on the corners.

So to wrap this up, I have to say it is well worth the 20 something USD I paid for it and feel that it will last me a long time.  If you are on the fence between black and silver, I would get the silver so you won't have the paint wearing thin like what happened on mine.  Ok, so on with the pictures.  enjoy.

-Eric





No comments:

Post a Comment